Brentwood Jewelry Presents:
Top Valentine's Day Gift Guide 2018
For those with a special sweetheart this Valentine's Day, there is nothing sweeter than seeing the look on their face when they open that special gift. Valentine’s Day gifts are special because unlike Christmas gifts, they have an intimacy to them. You open them together, enjoy them together and ...let’s just say, you say “thank you” together. This season, Brentwood Jewelry wants to help you buy your sweetheart something they will always cherish by providing you with our recommended gift guide. You might just see that perfect piece for your partner.
Take a look at the great gift ideas we have put together for you:
1. Stackable Bands from Roman & Jules- Have you ever seen her eyes glitter when she opens a gift?Well, they may just glitter and tear up when she opens her new stackable bands from Roman & Jules! Stackable bands are by far the new “it” item for 2018. These timeless pieces are trendy and fabulous, to say the least. You can get them in yellow gold, rose gold, silver, yellow diamond, pink, sapphire and so many more. You can even get one of each for her to stack and re-assort to get the perfect look. Come to Brentwood Jewelry for Valentine's day specials on these brilliant bands!
2. AVI-8 aviation watch- Ladies, we know you love it when your guy gets all dressed up and is looking sharp. Nothing caps off his look better than pairing his ensemble with an Avi-8 Aviation Watch. These timeless timepieces add that vintage edge to any guy’s look. Not only that, they look incredible and are high-quality watches that will never fail him!
And even better: THEY ARE AFFORDABLE!
3. Sparkling Gemstone Jewelry from Doves by Doron Paloma- Do you really want to take her breath away? Try our incredible and stunning jewelry from Doves by Doron Paloma. These trend-setting designs have garnered celebrity attention and worldwide press. Doron has made exclusive designs for Jennifer Lopez, and Catherine Zeta-Jones, among others. Today, Doves is synonymous with eye-catching and wearable heirloom-quality jewelry and the brilliant gemstones will be treasured by your loved one for the rest of her life!
4. Longines Watches- There is no contest when it comes to classic sophisticated watches for both men and women. That's probably why all the ambassadors for Longines are some of the most admired trendsetters in the film and fashion industry.
You can get your loved one the perfect timepiece to suit their style. Or, nothing says, “I love you” like matching watches to show your dedication and commitment to your partner. Check out some of the great styles at Longines!
5. Breathtaking Engagement Rings from Noam Carver- With Valentines Day coming up, there are lots of excited (and nauseous) grooms-to-be in Music City, trying to think of a way to make their proposal memorable and special for the brides-to-be. We have your back! If you really want to take her breath away, we suggest the luminous styles of Noam Carver.
We have MANY stunning engagement pieces from the most popular brands in stock that will be the perfect fit (so to speak) for your bride to be.
Come make a memory you will never forget…
Let this be the best Valentine’s Day of your life by marking the moment with a treasured piece of jewelry from Brentwood Jewelry, a Nashville staple for 50 years. Customize your jewelry with our in-store engraving service or give new life to an old piece with our in-house jewelry repair. We even make custom jewelry if you want to do something EXTRA special like recreate her grandmother's ring or his father's wedding band!
Shop local this Valentine’s Day at Brentwood Jewelry!
Twitter, Facebook Follow us on and Instagram
In the modern age of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, it can be very easy to scroll through incredible pictures of jewelry and silently resign yourself to purchasing certain pieces without ever going to try it on. You can quickly and easily buy almost ANYTHING online these days and have it shipped to you overnight. What a dream come true for busy professionals and busy families in Nashville, Brentwood, Franklin and around Middle TN!
Not so fast…
Disappointment often follows after you’ve opened the jewelry or watch box and see the new online purchase in person. The color may be off or the size may not be what you thought it would be. The stone may be too big...or too small. Or the watch-face overwhelms your wrist.
Yes, you are once again reminded of all the reasons you should have shopped locally at your favorite Middle Tennessee jewelry store, Brentwood Jewelry of course.
The truth is, purchasing and owning jewelry, especially timeless and elegant pieces from Brentwood Jewelry, should be an experience that is special because it doesn't happen every day. Chances are, this is a special purchase you will get to treasure for many years until the day you pass it on to someone you love.
Here are 5 reasons why you should shop local and ‘try on’ before you buy your jewelry or watch.
Ensure Long-Term Comfort
Jewelry and watches come in all different sizes and weights. Some jewelry may look amazing on Pinterest but may be ill-fitting and too heavy on your person. For instance, if you have smaller, more slender fingers, then that large cocktail ring may have too much weight and fall to the side. You may also find that you snag the ring on your sweater or get a bracelet caught in your hair when you brush your face.
Watches are particularly important to try on because they are often a daily accessory staple. It’s important to make sure the watch fits comfortably, aligns with your lifestyle and matches well with your main wardrobe pieces.
Match It Up!
Check out the stylish diamond and Amazonite rings from Dove’s Jewelry
Being able to match your jewelry to your wardrobe is an important part of the jewelry and watch buying process. For the ladies, you may need to match your jewelry with wedding colors or your personal work bag. For guys, watches and wedding rings must be stylish, sleek, trendy and well made with a touch of classic charm. Most importantly though, it should match your key pieces like suits, belts, sweaters and shirts.
Seeing your watch or jewelry in the proper lighting and in your own hands is essential to choosing the right color and material and size. At Brentwood Jewelry, we are intentional about giving you the best lighting possible!
Another important reason to try it on first is that it can be impossible to tell how the color of various popular metals will look with your own skin tone. For instance, rose gold looks different on someone with very fair skin then it does on someone with darker, warmer skin tones.
Cleaning and Care
Try this beautiful, sleek and timeless bracelet by Shula New York. A perfect gift for the special lady in your life.
Going into the store to try on is also extremely helpful because the dedicated staff inside can show you detailed instructions for care and cleaning of the pieces you are considering purchasing. Our Brentwood Jewelry staff is equipped and ready to share advice like which cleaners to use or avoid, techniques for proper cleaning, or instructions on storage and safekeeping.
Authentification and certifications
Nothing matches the rich, earthy and vibrant allure of this emerald band by Salem E
When it comes to authentications and certifications, it really depends on what you are looking for. For example, if you have your heart set on a full-carat, brilliant-cut diamond, then you’d want a GIA certification. If you are looking for something more along the lines of a colored diamond, such as a yellow diamond, a GIA certification is not applicable, as GIA's grading scale is centered on evaluating white, brilliant-cut diamonds. It is important to make sure you talk to the jeweler about certifications, insurance questions and even information on how the jewelry you buy is ethically sourced.
Everest watch bands for Rolex! Your Everest watch band can match your timepiece to your suit, outfit or accessories.
This may seem like Jewelry 101 but for many, sizing can be far from a no-brainer! Many people come into our store thinking they know their ring size until they’ve had a chance to have their finger professionally sized. This often leaves our customers surprised. Keep this in mind: Throughout your life, your body will change, especially your fingers and wrists. It is important to be sized properly every time you purchase a new piece of jewelry.
It is also important to try on watches in the store instead of just ordering them online. Oftentimes, watch faces can be too large or too small for the wearer's wrist and look too bulky.
There’s an easy solution to avoid improper watch and jewelry fitting: Come into the store to see and feel your options!
Want to know how to enjoy jewelry shopping the most? Shop local! Taking the time to stop by your local jewelry store and purchase a new jewelry piece or watch is such a fun and enjoyable experience. Family-owned and local jewelry store for 50 years, Brentwood Jewelry has a knowledgeable and friendly staff who will inform, help and make you feel like you are part of the family!
Come by and see us today!
Christmas is almost here but you still have a couple of weeks to get that perfect gift for a special person in your life. We know that as fun as it is to shop for the people you love, it can be difficult to find something that tells them how you feel about them. Every person has their own distinct style, so finding the perfect present tells that person that you not only love them, but you know who they are and what they like.
Brentwood Jewelry is here to help you. Tell us who he or she is and our observant staff will help you find the best piece of jewelry. To help get you started, here is a list of some of our favorite gift ideas. Feel free to come see us or visit us online to see even more of what we have to offer!
1. Surprise your soul mate with a new wedding band or engagement ring this Christmas. Nothing says, "I still love you", like the renewing of the vow that holds you together. Our bridal bands are distinctly beautiful and eye-catching. This band, from the Lumiere collection by Parade jewelers, will wow your spouse.
2. It is no secret that s great watch makes any guy light up. In a world where the smartphone is the go-to for most people when they check the time, watches are a luxury that will never gone out of style. Most guys appreciate the style, craftsmanship and artistic expression that is built into timepieces like Avi-8 and Oris. Surprise him with something he will be proud to wear all year long.
3. There are three key pieces that every woman has in their jewelry box. If you pay attention, you will start to see them. If you want to put a big smile on your love's face, get her a necklace, a bracelet or earrings. Even better? Go big and go for all three! Here are our some of our favorites for all three that you can find under the glass at Brentwood jewelry! Look at these great gifts from LaFonn, Doves and Ava Couture.
4. Looking for something unique? Looking for something that you cannot find in any other store on earth? You should take a look at SalemE pieces that are handcrafted by Brentwood Jewelry’s own Salem Emamalie! His 40+ years of experience lends itself to the amazing pieces of wearable art. Here are some of our favorites that make a perfect gift this Christmas.
5. Does the man or woman in your life wear a Rolex? If so, get them the perfect gift of a new Everest watchband made specifically for Rolex watches. The only thing better than wearing a Rolex is being able to change up the look of it. Everest bands offer you different choices for your Rolex watchband so you can match your timepiece to your suit, outfit or accessories. Here are some of our favorites!
You can even shop Everest's accessories line for more gift choices!
While we love these gift ideas, Brentwood Jewelry boasts so much more in our store! Visit us today for help in picking out the perfect gift. We have been helping people secure the perfect gift for over 50 years and we cannot wait to help you! Merry Christmas from Brentwood Jewelry to you and your family!
This Year Brentwood Jewelry turns the big 5-0!
Over these 50 years, we've had the wonderful privilege to take part in many great engagement stories. We've met thousands of couples from all over Middle TN who have come to us and trust us to choose the perfect engagement ring or design a custom ring that best represents their love.
We just love a good engagement story!
That's why we've decided to take the time to find 50 great engagement stories from TheKnot.com and BridalGuide.com to share with you in honor of our 50 year anniversary. We hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
We would love to help you find the perfect bridal and/ or engagement ring for the love of your life. Contact us today or come by and see us!
50 Great Engagement Stories...
1. Emily was hosting an improv show at the summer camp when Chris decided to make a surprise appearance. He made his grand entrance to one of Emily's favorite songs: "Single Ladies", in front of 300 middle school kids...Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
2. One day Jeremy, with his plan in place, he asked her to go for a walk in Creve Coeur Park. "About 20 minutes into our walk, I said I wanted to stop and get closer to the water," Jeremy says. "We did, and I told her that I had something I wanted to ask her." Both of their families appeared around them as Jeremy got down on one knee.
Read more at TheKnot.com.
3. Natalie and Eric decided to spend a weekend crabbing on the Chesapeake Bay. One night before sunset, Eric insisted they go for a boat ride...Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
4. One night during a weekend in Martha's Vineyard, Uyen and Ian decided to watch the sunset from the beach. After taking in the moment, Ian pulled out a bottle of wine, and then proceeded to...Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
5. One Valentine's Day, Eric took Timolin to an improv play where a performer picked the couple to come onstage and list three things they love about each other. "I had a bad case of stage fright, so I kind of mumbled my way through my list," Timolin explains. “When it was Eric's turn,...” Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
6. Even though Thomas had been dropping hints he wasn't ready to get married any time soon, Meghan planned a trip to Puerto Rico to celebrate his 30th birthday. He told her she shouldn't expect a ring for a long time…” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
7. Terrence was in Afghanistan for a yearlong contracting job, so the couple met in Greece during his leave. In Santorini, they talked about what it would be like to live in the same city again...Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
8. Ken convinced Bunmi to fly from Toronto to West Palm Beach, Florida, with a little help from her mom. "I was wondering why airport authorities allowed him so far in—he wanted to propose right there, but got too nervous," Bunmi says. "Everything seemed normal until I was getting my bags and I started to hear people scream—I turned around, saw him on one knee and my heart melted!"
Read more at TheKnot.com.
9. During a walk around Battle Creek park, Lyz carved "I <3 AY" into a sandstone wall and more than three years later, Avery took her to that same spot to see if her carving was still there. Instead, she found…” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
10. After 10 years together, Mason gave Emily a world map so she could pin all the places they've visited. He told her to pack for an impromptu to Venice, Italy...Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
11. High school sweethearts Carley and Graham dated for four years before getting engaged one Thursday night after Graham handed Carley an "adventure card" that had a picture of them at their favorite coffee spot. Two "adventure cards" later...Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
12. Shayna and Dro were spending the day in Boston, checking out restaurants and doing some shopping, when Dro (a sneaker fanatic) mentioned that he really wanted to go to the Nike store. Shayna found a pair of gym sneakers she wanted to try on....Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
13. "We try to make it a point to go out on dates every few weeks, so when he asked me to have a 'date night,' I didn't think much of it," Ashley recalls. On that night, he took her back to where they had their first date....Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
14. It took some convincing (they had errands to do), but Jeremy got Amanda to join him for a picnic at Riverside Park. Little did she know, his friend was already there waiting to catch it all on camera...Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
15. It all happened when Justin tricked Kristin into thinking they were going to watch a new episode of New Girl. Justin actually snuck in a video he made himself...Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
16. "Last year on Christmas Eve, my fiancé had secretly set up a scavenger hunt around my house. So on Christmas morning, one of his clues told me to go outside to the front porch. I discovered a GIANT box sitting there, waiting for me…” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
17. After their first day on the slopes in Colorado, they took a gondola ride to dinner, and Scott’s family started taking photos against the stunning backdrop. "When it was our turn, I walked out to the spot where we were taking pictures and…” Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
18. "My fiancé asked his parents and my parents to celebrate Christmas together last year. He was making a toast to thank everybody for being there when all of a sudden…” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
19. "I thought we were going to get our two-year Christmas bulb from Bronner's. After we picked it up, we went and walked to the little white church in front of the store…” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
20. "During Mardi Gras this past year, my fiancé jumped off of the float he was riding on (he had asked for permission) and came over to the barricade where he knew I would be standing with all of our friends and relatives…” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
21. "My fiancé proposed to me on Thanksgiving last year in front of my mom, my dad, my children and his children. My mom handed him the rings that my dad originally gave her when they got married over 50 years ago and…” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
22. Jason spent weeks telling Julie he wasn't able to visit her family on Thanksgiving, and she was pretty bummed. During a long walk in the woods a few days before the holiday, Jason stopped in the middle of a bridge and told Julie...Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
23. "My fiancé proposed to me on September 26, 2012, the day before he was about to leave for the military. Since we wouldn't be spending Christmas and New Year's Eve together, we decided to at least put up our little Christmas tree before he left for deployment. After we put it up…” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
24. "My fiancé proposed on my first Mother's Day with the help of our four-month old son, who was wearing a custom onesie that said, 'Mommy, will you marry my Daddy?' I couldn't have asked for a more special moment." —Kelly Bickford
Read more at BridalGuide.com.
25. On the way back home Christmas night, Taylor confessed he was having trouble finding the perfect vintage engagement ring. When they got home...Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
26. "My fiancé proposed on the Fourth of July. My mother asked us to go to the backyard to get some chairs and he took me by the shed where we could see all of the fireworks. He kissed me, then…” Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
27. "On February 29th I asked my fiancé to marry me! I sent him a Sommeecards on Facebook. He commented 'yes' and we changed our relationship status to 'engaged.' We met online so it was perfect for us!" —Rachel Gallagher
Read more at TheKnot.com.
28. "On August 29th I was absolutely shocked when my love got down on one knee and proposed to me when we were backstage with my parents at The Band Perry concert(they're my favorite band). It was the best day of my life; it felt like a dream!" —Mallarie Wolfenbarger
Read more at BridalGuide.com.
Read more at BridalGuide.com.
30. Brad proposed to Rachel in the bathroom, upholding a long family tradition. After saying he wasn't feeling well (so she wouldn't suspect anything), Brad called for Rachel to bring the plunger. "He pulled me in, started reading a poem …” Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
31. "My fiancé proposed on December 27th. After a long day of work, I came home and saw rose petals strewn on the floor. He had also..." Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
32. "It was my 30th birthday party and I had a 1930s theme. My fiancé made a speech about how far we've come and the heartaches we've endured. Everyone that was close to us was there…” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
33. "Last year, I turned 20 on October 5th, and my fiancé and I were having a couples photo shoot. We were up in the mountains with such beautiful scenery, and we kept moving up the mountain more and more, until…” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
34. "My fiancé proposed to me at my 50th birthday party in May. He told all of the guests how we met and how we eventually got together after 31 years." —Carol Taylor
Read more at BridalGuide.com.
35. "My fiancé and I have been going out for eight years — we're middle school sweethearts!On my fiancé's birthday weekend, he asked me to marry him. He knew I would be surprised since I planned the special day for him. We were walking in the Boston Public Garden…”
Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
36. While driving to their first camping trip together, Sunay and Sweeti suddenly pulled into a skydiving site in the middle of nowhere. "I didn't argue, since I love skydiving!" Once the two were geared up,...” Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
37. "My fiancé Steve had planned a special 'picnic on the beach at sunset' to celebrate the anniversary of when we started dating. It was a beautiful, romantic evening and the sky was filled with brilliant colors. Just as the sun set,..." Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
38. "My fiancé proposed on August 8, 2011, our one-year anniversary. We were at the same mini golf place where we went on our first date. On our first date, he tried to kiss me under this cave they have there and I denied him because I was oblivious to what was happening (mainly because I take mini golf very seriously!). So he decided to make up for that a year later…”
Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
39. "I got engaged on Santa Monica Pier at the top of the Ferris Wheel. My fiancé and I were there celebrating our seven-year anniversary. I saw four friends holding signs that read 'Will you marry me?' I started crying and I couldn't stop hugging my fiancé." —Ericka J. Otero
Read more at BridalGuide.com.
40. "My fiancé proposed to me while we were on vacation in San Francisco and Napa Valley. While we were touring Sterling Vineyard, we went on a private walk amongst the grapes. It was gorgeous. He stopped and told me he had been having such a wonderful first half of our trip with me as his girlfriend…” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
41. "I'm a sixth grade school teacher in Egypt and my fiancé Liam works there with me. We've been together for three years, and one stressful day at school while I was marking exams, I got called to the assembly hall..” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
42. "He proposed on the balcony of our hotel overlooking the ocean at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and my ring was hidden in this shell! The beach has always been my favorite place." —Kristin Gunnell Price
Read more at BridalGuide.com.
43. "My fiancé and I went to Italy on a family trip last July and our first stop was Rome. The whole week we were there, we skipped over the Trevi fountain — the one thing I wanted to see the most. On Friday the 13th...” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
44. "My fiancé proposed on my birthday during a vacation in Cyprus. He took me out in a taxi to Aphrodite's Rock to watch the sunset..” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
45. "Keith and I met in 2003 but despite an instant connection, it took us 10 years to officially become a couple. In June, we went out to Sundays River in South Africa (we live in Port Elizabeth) for the weekend under the guise of a celebration for his sister's boyfriend. We were asked to retrieve relatives who had gone out to the sand dunes and we proceeded to take a boat to fetch them. After scaling a massive dune,..." Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
46. "Prior to a flood in Colorado, where I live, we had a severe hail storm, which damaged our roof. My clever fiancé contacted the roofing company two weeks prior to replacing it and he asked if he could paint his proposal on our roof…” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
47. "During the first weekend of December last year, my husband planned a surprise beach trip. He took me shopping, sent me to the spa, and later that night as we were walking along the beach,...” Continue reading at BridalGuide.com.
48. "My fiancé put the ring on a fishing pole, we went fishing and I reeled it in and he proposed!" —Jennifer Lynn
Read more at BridalGuide.com.
49. "At our cattle branding this year, my fiancé Jared tagged a little calf with a tag that said 'Will you marry me 18/05' so when I bent down to put a metal tag in his ear, he took the ring out of his vest pocket and I instantly bent over crying, as this was a total shock to me. I said yes as I hugged Jared." —Chantal Gallant
Read more at BridalGuide.com.
50. While visiting Norway, the couple made the freezing four-hour hike to Trolltunga—a rock that's over 2,000 feet above a valley. Connor took Kourtney's shaking hand and they walked out together. She was smiling at the camera until she realized...Continue reading at TheKnot.com.
Salem's List For Santa
Where: Brentwood Jewelry
When: December 14th
Join us for a fun night of Christmas list making, drinks and food! We'll give you a list and you browse and write down gift ideas to give to your loved one! Some of our jewelry vendors will be on site with special offers as well!
Get 25% off one item (retail price of $5,000 or less) ALL DAY on December 14th or 25% off 1 item on your list (up to $1,250 in savings) through December 24th.
Also, don't miss your chance to win this beautiful SalemE bracelet valued at $2,499!
You must register in store on December 14th to have your name entered into a drawing that will be held the following day.
*Discount Excludes Rolex inventory, Loose Diamonds, Special Orders and Diamond Stud Earrings and more at the discretion of Brentwood Jewelry Employees.
These wonderful vendors will have some special deals for you that night also!
Exquisitely feminine, to be exact, complete with rose cut center diamonds.
Charming and delicate, the Lumiere Bridal Collection delights with luminous rose cut and brilliant cut diamonds in glowing shades of gold. Choose from white, yellow or rose gold and platinum.
Sparkling center diamonds are included in these feminine, captivating yet modest styles.
Come by and see this new, exquisite bridal collection from Parade Design today! We can’t wait to show you.
We are constantly looking for the latest and most trusted brands in watches that stand the test of time for quality and excellence. We have once again found just that brand. We’re thrilled to introduce our latest watch brand to you: AVI-8!
The AVI-8 brand brings an unmatchable level of quality and precision and adds an additional component of value! Yes, these incredible watches are in the $1oo-$200 price point! You can’t beat this value. And you will only find this incredible watch brand in the South and West Nashville, Brentwood and Franklin area at Brentwood Jewelry!
The best engineers, scientists, designers and pilots have combined over the years to produce cutting edge machines that were designed for the crucial purpose of a country’s defense. Drawing on the absolute best in materials and resources, a series of iconic planes have emerged over the years that serve as a benchmark to look upon in man’s progress in the sky.
The AVI-8 collection of timepieces seeks to honor both the aircraft and the untold story of the airmen who have dedicated themselves both in and out of the cockpit to bring these incredible machines to life.
Featured in Esquire and GQ Magazine
We couldn’t wait to share this big news with you. We are so excited to show you the new collab between one of our favorite watch crafters- Daniel Wellington and trend-setter Kendall Jenner! And yours truly, Brentwood Jewelry, is one of the few selected stores around the world to carry this exclusive line!
Daniel Wellington’s neatest Classic yet is a statement timepiece that truly reflects the design approach of the brand. With a contemporary look and sophisticated design, this 32mm watch is a must-have staple for every modern icon. Classic Petite is available in rose gold and silver and with a black or white dial.
THE MESH STRAP
Classic Petite introduces Daniel Wellington’s first-ever mesh watchband. With its undeniable elegance, the beautifully crafted strap is soft and lightweight, and sits comfortably on your wrist. Made from stainless steel, the mesh strap is available with a silver or rose gold plating, and its length can easily be adjusted.